Posts Tagged ‘BS 7671:2008’
On this programme it was highlighted that fake cable is being used, this can lead to fire due to insufficient copper in the cable, which cause overheating. Toxic fumes from the PVC on the cable that should protect us in an event of fire, this cable is known as fire resistant and last for up to 3hrs in a fire not like the fake cable which as the programme showed about 5 minutes
This could be one of the reasons for cheap job , also cheap accessories from abroad, you as consumer never knows, like Russian roulette.
Are you prepared to take the risk and play Russian roulette with you home, family or your life?
Barton Electrical always uses British Standard cable and accessories, so that’s why we say cheap job could be expensive
Give us a call 0800 298 1580 for a quality installation
In these challenging times it is so very tempting to take a cheap price, often by having a friend or a mate , a non registered electrician to carry out in your home, often cheapest is the more expensive
We are now seeing a rise in call outs to rectify work to BS standards 17th Edition with extreme cost implications, often includes re- decorating, removing fittings, installed kitchen unit, baths etc
One question to ask is it worth it NO should be the answer
Use a professional company BARTON ELECTRICAL who has a solid reputation over 40 years of quality and competitive pricing
Happy christmas to all my friends and customers, a little late in I know with only I day to go
This cold weather has been an excellent time for my company, so the last month was a blur, breakdowns, call outs, for fuse board, heating, outside light, installations of heating etc due to this weather, you could say a balck cloud had a silver lining or may be gold
We look to next year now and may you all have a good year
New member of the family
My Grand daughter arrived safely at 12.40 pm on 7th July 2010 weighing in 6lb 12oz Katlyn Louise
Called out for loss lights in bedroom, down lights not installed to BS Standards, plastic cable burnt, ceiling board had black burn marks . Connectors and tape , ( not the correct mothod of a BS junction box and heat proof cable to the fitting) had been used which had melted and the hot plastic had dripped through the light on to the bed, This is a common fault .This was a fire awaiting to happen, is your home at risk from this type of light if so call Barton Electrical 07 976 685 746